BYLAWS OF THE ASIA HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS PANEL
We hereby establish a panel named the Asia High Energy Physics Panel.
gHigh Energy Physics (hereinafter referred to as HEP)h here refers to experimental and theoretical particle physics with and without using accelerators.
The Panel shall be composed of representatives from the following organizations in the Asia-Oceania region:
- HEP communities,
- HEP divisions of learned societies,
- major HEP institutions,
- HEP related organizations, such as ACFA.
The mission of the Panel is to
- promote HEP research,
- strengthen cooperative activities,
- discuss common regional issues,
- foster the next generation of scientists,
- make recommendations to HEP related organizations/communities,
- deliver our opinions and give some additional perspective to HEP related organizations/communities.
To perform the above mission, the Panel should
- hold regular meetings at least once a year,
- monitor HEP activities in the Asia-Oceania region,
- maintain continuous dialogues with the HEP organizations outside the Asia-Oceania region,
- create an ad hoc study group for a dedicated topic,
- help organize HEP related conferences, symposia, workshops, and schools.
The above bylaws were agreed by consensus at the Second AsiaHEP Meeting in Novosibirsk, Russia on February 26, 2013.
To facilitate achieving our mission, the Panel shall collaborate with the following organizations:
- ACFA, by delivering status reports and making recommendations on the future accelerator projects and related R&D to be promoted,
- AAPPS, by making recommendations on their division management and help organize their HEP related activities.
- Other HEP organizations outside the Asia-Oceania region, such as ICFA and ECFA, through regular exchange of information.
The member may be replaced upon a request from his/her organization.
The Panel can add a member if the condition is met.
The Panel shall elect Chair, and the Chair shall designate Secretary.
The term of the Chair shall be two years.
The above bylaws were agreed by consensus of the attendees at the Second AsiaHEP Meeting in Novosibirsk, Russia on February 26, 2013.